Friday, June 7, 2013

grocery store...with 3 kids...


You can tell by the post that what is about to transcend was nothing but bad ideas all around.  Let me confirm for you that taking 3 children to the grocery store, AT NOON, was a HORRIBLE and terribly STUPID idea...please learn from my mistakes!  

Preschool has been out since last week, and since I, Mama Hen, often think I am SuperMom, I didn't think about how and when I would grocery shop this week with all of my sweet, quiet, and obedient Chicks in tow....So, here were were on a Friday morning, with an end of season T-ball party being held at our house on Saturday, and we were also almost out of milk...an upcoming cook-out and no milk can only mean one thing...I was due for a trip to the grocery store.  The two older Chicks had gymnastics AND swimming, so after running them ragged for 90 minutes and getting them good and hungry, I offered them cake pops as a shopping treat...you know....load the starving children up for sugar is definitely the key to great behavior...NOT!  Anyways...as we are going aisle by miserable aisle, Busy Chick is grabbing every single thing he can get his little 4 year old fingers on, telling me he is REALLY hungry for that thing (for example, croutons) and it's his FAVORITE thing...so no, after no, after no, we are on our merry way to the middle of the store...at this point, we've probably been in the store for a solid 15 minutes and Chickette has decided that the huge double seating car cart is no longer suiting her needs, and has begun to stand up and attempt to exit it...while Brainy Chick is talking non-stop about something, and Busy Chick is grabbing eggs off the shelves for me to hard boil...I took a quick moment to explain to him that since we have chickens we do not BUY eggs anymore, asked Brainy Chick to be quiet for a few minutes, and then offered Chickette the choice of sitting in the car seat buckled or unbuckled...her very loud "NO" assured me that buckled was the way to go...and for the next 30 minutes of our shopping experience, she could be heard throughout the entire store.  Yep, that's us...we spread joy and sunshine to everyone we meet!  Or maybe just laughs, "i've been there and done that smiles of sympathy", and possibly even an unknowing touch of birth control to some silly love struck teenagers that were thinking of making some bad choices tonight....to their parents...you're welcome!  

We did survive this trip, and I do NOT intend to take these 3 Chicks shopping with me ever again...until we are out of milk!

Mama Hen

No comments:

Post a Comment